Re: Debian SID - Can't setup Language for applications(using xdm, wmaker)

Hi Raf,

Raf Czlonka <rjc@linuxstuff.pl> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 09:13:42PM BST, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>> Raf Czlonka <rjc@linuxstuff.pl> writes:
>> > What's the content of /etc/default/locale and what does "locale" say?
>>
>> The content of /etc/default/locale is:
>> LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8
>
> Last but not least, try running:
>
> % LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 mc
>
> or any other program prefixed with LANG.

I tried to run mc, ekiga, bluefish:
 $ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 mc
 $ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 ekiga
 $ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 bluefish

Neither mc and ekiga nor bluefish gives to me Hungarian menus. :(

> Just tested it on my laptop with Hungarian locale and it works fine.
> If the above work that would point to your DM or WM not setting your
> environment properly.
>
> Please check whether you have any other locale set in /etc/environment.

The /etc/environment on my Debian SID system is empty:
ls -l /etc/environment
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 aug   18  2010 /etc/environment

--
Regards, Pal
<http://cspl.me>