Re: Debian SID - Can't setup Language for applications(using xdm, wmaker)

Raf Czlonka <rjc@linuxstuff.pl> writes:

> On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 09:49:05AM BST, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>> I tried to run mc, ekiga, bluefish:
>>  $ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 mc
>>  $ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 ekiga
>>  $ LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8 bluefish
>>
>> Neither mc and ekiga nor bluefish gives to me Hungarian menus. :(
>
> In that case are the actual locale generated at all?
>
> % dpkg-reconfigure locales

I did it already.

> or simply install 'locales-all'.
>
> Also make sure you don't have 'localepurge' or similar, eating your
> locale.

I did have localepurge installed so I purge it with command:
 $ sudo aptitude purge localepurge

I don't know why had installed it at all.

I run then the commands:

 $ sudo apt-get update
 $ sudo apt-get --reinstall install $(dpkg -S LC_MESSAGES | cut\
 -d: -f1 | tr ', ' '\n' | sort -u)

I get after that - without reboooting my system - Hungarian menus in
Midnight Commander under xterm or virtual terminal.

I also tried to run GUI's, like Bluefish, Ekiga and I get Hungarian
menus too. :)

--
Regards, Pal
<http://cspl.me>