Re: [still OT?] Google cookie problem - was [Re: [OT] Google search default lang.]

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 02:28:27 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> Adblock - leave the ads on the server where they belong. Unless they pay
> me to view their advertising they can just go and try reproduce with
> themselves.

Just to comment on a possible alternative approach:

I don't need any Firefox plugins to block unwanted advertising; I just
use a hosts file. I download the one from <http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/
hosts.zip> nightly, use dos2unix on it, and then merge it with my 'stub'
hosts file. Works very well indeed.