Re: [OT] Google search default lang.

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 13:08:24 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

(...)

> Thanks for all the answers.
>
> I tried all of them and only 2 work:
>
> 1. putting http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0&hl=en in the bookmark
> bar of google-chrome (Thanks Camaleón). That is always in English.
> 2. Changing the search engine to Yahoo. That gets me English. But I hate
> Yahoo and its Micro$oft random result producer. I tried changing the
> search engine to scroogle and that does not work.
>
> BTW now (13 Aug. 2011) the option in Google search to show results in
> English has gone :-( All results are always in Spanish. So much for the
> virtual world. I am in Oaxaca whether I like it or not. And I will speak
> and write Spanish, whether I like it or not.

I finally gave it up.

The first Google page I open from bookmarks it remains in English but
just that, the rest of the pages take their own preferences like if they
were alive, kinda Google-HAL...

(BTW, I cannot completely turn off "auto-completion" nor disabling that
silly snapshot preview for the web pages...).

Google is now forcing their users to use cookies (sorry Google but I
always remove all the cookies when I close the browser) and login into
your account to keep/set our settings (and not all of the setting can eb
controlled from there), we like it or not and there is nothing we can do
to change that damn no-sense policies ;-(

Greetings,

--
Camaleón