Re: Wheezy: how to disable SSH gnome-keyring by editing desktop configuration file

On 01/08/11 20:19, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 20:02:56 +0200, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

On 01/08/11 19:53, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

Should you have removed/renamed

If I remember well, this causes trouble.

I meant removing the `/etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-keyring-ssh.desktop'

It shouldn't, at all. Is what README file says (removing the involving
elements from the menu so they don't run at start-up).

-or edited accordingly to do not start-
the system wide "/etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-keyring-*.desktop" file I
think it would have been enough...

It was looking to do so, but I got no clear answer.

Testing is sometimes the best master :-)

Indeed:
my test was just to see if my box could survive without gnome-keyring
(and the associated pam module) as I do not really need it.
I do prefer to play with libpam-ssh :
my box survived, and ssh-agent is lauched by libpam-ssh as before but with
not interferences.

You run "gnome-session-properties" and remove the check for the desired
"gnome-keyring" entries. Then you look at the ".desktop" files of your
user profile and see what have changed to apply the same settings to the
system wide ones.

It likes there are a lot of way to disable, what let me think that is a big machinery
that I wanted to avoid.

Jerome

Greetings,