Re: monitor detection maybe not working
On Sat 02 Jul 2011 at 10:44:51 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
> I wasn't sure whether you were giving me an example or the exact line I
> needed. The above gives:
> X Error of failed request: BadName (named color or font does not exist)
> Major opcode of failed request: 150 (RANDR)
> Minor opcode of failed request: 16 (RRCreateMode)Thanks
> Serial number of failed request: 31
> Current serial number in output stream: 31
You have probably tried to add the same mode twice. There is also a
1. See the present modes X uses with the command 'xrandr'.
2. Generate a modeline with 'cvt 1280 1024'.
3. Describe the new mode to X:
xrandr --newmode <modeline_generated_by_cvt>
4. Add the mode for VGA-1 to use:
xrandr --addmode VGA-1 1280x1024_60
5. Check the output of the 'xrandr' command.
6. Switch to using X with 1280x1024_60:
xrandr --output VGA-1 --mode 1280x1024_60