Re: monitor detection maybe not working

On 07/01/2011 03:08 PM, Claudius Hubig wrote:
Paul Scott<waterhorse@ultrasw.com>  wrote:
(after stopping gdm3)  I get "can't open display"
Well, don’t stop gdm then and run these commands in a terminal (such
as gnome-terminal or konsole or whatever desktop environment you are
using). Also don’t use any sort of sudo or su before them, but run
them as the user as which you also logged in.

Best regards and please excuse my earlier vague suggestions.

VGA-1 connected 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
   1024x768       60.0*
   800x600        60.3     56.2
   848x480        60.0
   640x480        59.9
VGA-2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
TV-1 connected 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
   720x576        50.0 +
   1024x768       50.0*
   800x600        50.0
   720x480        50.0
   640x480        50.0
   400x300       100.0
   320x240       100.0
   320x200       100.0
DVI-D-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

My LCD monitor's native resolution is 1280x1024

Thanks,

Paul