Re: monitor detection maybe not working

Paul Scott <waterhorse@ultrasw.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm running sid.
>
>My monitor stopped going to the correct resolution some upgrades ago.  I
>have an
>
>nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX - nForce GPU] (rev a3).
>
>I'm researching many things from this list etc. to attempt to solve the problem but one concern is that I don't think my monitor is being detected correctly.  ddcprobe seems to give the correct info but I don't think this info is being used.

What does

xrandr

output? Is your monitor correctly listed? What happens when you try

xrandr --output <Your output> --auto

or

xrandr --output <Your output> --mode <Your resolution>

What is the ‘correct’ resolution of your monitor?

Best regards,

Claudius
--
A diplomat is a man who can convince his wife she'd look stout in a fur coat.
Please use GPG: ECB0C2C7 4A4C4046 446ADF86 C08112E5 D72CDBA4