Re: Using GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the same process is not supported

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 13:16 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 21:05:56 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
>
> > Hello, all.  Today, I upgraded my wireshark as you can see from the
> > below excerpt from the apt log.  Since doing so, I cannot run any GTK
> > based applications.  They all fail with:
> >
> > Using GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the same process is not supported
> >
> > Here is the log:
>
> (...)
>
> > Package: *
> > Pin: release a=wheezy
> > Pin-Priority: 800
> >

> > What happened and how do I fix it? This is a bit of a disaster.  Thanks
>
> Google seems to point at GTK+ 2/3 conflicts.
>
> Is it possible that some GTK+ libraries have been updated to newer
> versions because of the above wheezy pinning? :-?
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

That's what I'm guessing but I don't see it:

ii  libgtk2.0-0            2.24.4-3   The GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2.0-bin          2.24.4-3   The programs for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2.0-common       2.20.1-2   Common files for the GTK+ graphical user interface library

Everything is 2.x although I wonder why common is a different version.
I'll try updating that next.  I also don't know why libraries would have
been brought in from Wheezy since it is pinned lower than Squeeze.
Wireshark should have been in Squeeze so it should not have pulled it
from Wheezy and the same for any libraries.  Thanks - John