Copying a bootable CD

I have a bootable live CD of an out-dated version of a
specialized distribution of Debian called Vinux. I never saved
the ISO image and I now want to copy from the CDRW it is on to a
CDR to use as a rescue disk on systems that can not read CDRW's.

	The CDRW works fine so what is the best way to rip it
such that I end up with an ISO image I can burn to a CDR?

	I started out with mounting the CDRW and then using
mkisofs which produced an image that was the right size and all
but which burned a coaster. You could mount the coaster and see
all the right directories, but the bootability got lost
somewhere along the way.

	I found the boot image on the CDRW which happened to be
./isolinux/boot.cat and put that in the -b parameter of mkisofs,
but that produced what would have been yet another coaster had I
not used a CDRW as a test. Additionally, the CDRW showed tht
boot image as one of the files at the top of the tree which is
not what the original disk has in mind.

	Basically, I am cloning that CDRW to a CDR.

Many thanks.

Martin McCormick