Re: Samba or NFS--tangent

On 06/05/2011 07:59 AM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Sb, 04 iun 11, 22:56:19, Ron Johnson wrote:

(I'd suggest that you give static IP addresses to your desktop
machines and use the /etc/hosts file -- yes, even Windows has one --
to give your machines permanent symbolic names.  Makes things easier
that way.)

If you're lucky the wireless router supports this (out-of-the box or
with an upgrade to DD-WRT) ;)

Are most wireless routers that limited?

I'm still using the stock firmware on a WRT54GL and it allows me to set the DHCP IP address assignment range. It was, I think, from 1 - 100 but I changed it to 100 - 150.

corrupt."