Re: Wheezy: monitor signal lost when leaving X

Siard (shiems146@kpnplanet.nl on 2011-05-22 07:40 +0200):
> Op Sat, 21 May 2011 11:07, Arno Schuring wrote:
> > Siard (on 2011-05-21 02:23 +0200):
>
> I finally found that the problem goes away if I downgrade
> xserver-xorg-video-ati and xserver-xorg-video-radeon from 6.14.1-1 to
> 6.13.1-2, which is the version from Stable.
> B.t.w., it did pull a bunch of other downgrades with it.
Glad to be of help. You probably downgraded the entire X server
(xserver-xorg-core and xserver-xorg-input-*) along with it. That's
fine, just be aware that if you do not hold or pin them, the next
upgrade will happily install the 6.14 version again.

> Your explanation about disabling modesetting looks interesting enough
> to have a look at one day (thanks!), but that does not appear to be at
> issue now.
Just a note: disabling modesetting is definitely not the way forward,
as the non-modesetting case is (being) deprecated.

> > > Section "ServerFlags"
> > >      Option "AutoAddDevices" "False"
> > >      Option "AllowEmptyInput" "False"
> > > EndSection
> > >
> > > But alas, still no working keyboard & mouse.
> > > They _did_ work after deleting /run.
> >
> > Please try with AutoAddDevices set to true, since udev does
> > correctly recognize the devices.
>
> That does not make mouse + keyboard work either.
> At boot time I see this line:
>
>     startpar: service(s) returned failure: udev... failed!
>
> This line does not appear when /run is not present.
According to other threads, there have been a number of problems (and
fixes) in udev lately. Can you upgrade to the version in unstable (170)
to see if it fixes things for you?

> > Assuming your mouse+keyboard are usb devices, package to file a bug
> > against is xserver-xorg-input-evdev. The problem might be in udev or
> > even initscripts, but it's safer to let the maintainers figure out
> > which package than guessing yourself.
>
> Nope, my mouse + keyboard are PS/2 devices.
That was unexpected... I'm officially out of suggestions here :|

Arno