Re: SATA Harddisk order in debian squeeze

On 5/10/2011 8:27 AM, Markus Neviadomski wrote:

This is my mdadm.conf, using a UUID since a long time.
saturn:/home/domski# cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
DEVICE partitions
ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid5 num-devices=3 spares=1
UUID=4105560e:bf03b97e:ba419cbc:b7000e73
MAILADDR root

If you were already using UUIDs then you need to take this up on the
mdadm mailing list, not here, as the problem you actually have is not
the one you originally described.

Yes, now i think this is the right decision. My first attempt was to fix
the sda/sde apperance for sd-card, so mdadm.conf should configured with
sd* devices.

I think what is confusing you is the same thing that inititally confused me, which is that the array has a UUID and each drive has a UUID. There are very few examples of using drive UUIDs in place of /dev/XdX in mdadm.conf and on the command line.

Again, you will get better help on the linux-raid mailing list:
http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-raid

--
Stan