Re: How to boot netinst CD from Toshiba Satellite 650?

Charles Blair wrote:
   Pressing F2 at the beginning gives me a menu, but I didn't
see anything for booting from the CD/DVD drive.

Did you try F12?
Additionally if you can go into the bios then select the dvd/cd drive to be the first disk to boot from.

   Bonus question: I should be using AMD-64 netinst, right?

Looks like that laptop has a 64 bits CPU. You can use both 32 and 64 bits debian but to get the most out of it it's a good idea to use amd64 yes. It'll be faster and you'll be able to allocate more memory.

Greetings,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/