Re: SATA Harddisk order in debian squeeze

On 5/10/2011 6:17 AM, Markus Neviadomski wrote:
Am 10.05.2011 12:20, schrieb Stan Hoeppner:
On 5/10/2011 3:45 AM, Markus Neviadomski wrote:

Hello list,

Good lord man fix your MUA's formatting.  I've had to pull 3 pairs of
scissors out to replay to this...

Oh, sorry. But, some other kind of people only write one sentence
without any information and ask for help...

The problem wasn't' what you wrote but the formatting. It appeared to have no line wrapping, or some similar issue.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-875903-start-0.html

You are right, i didnt read every release note. If i would do that, i
will get my money only for reading text files. Libata may be responsible
for the different device identifier, but i found no example to use the
drive uuids in mdadm-conf.

Then you didn't read the information at the link I posted directly above.

Its annoying, that the cfcard is sometimes sda und sometimes sde. This
should be fixed!

It is fixed.  Using drive UUIDs fixes it.

This is my mdadm.conf, using a UUID since a long time.
saturn:/home/domski# cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
DEVICE partitions
ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid5 num-devices=3 spares=1
UUID=4105560e:bf03b97e:ba419cbc:b7000e73
MAILADDR root

If you were already using UUIDs then you need to take this up on the mdadm mailing list, not here, as the problem you actually have is not the one you originally described.

--
Stan