Re: SATA Harddisk order in debian squeeze

Am 10.05.2011 14:15, schrieb Stan Hoeppner:
> On 5/10/2011 6:17 AM, Markus Neviadomski wrote:

> The problem wasn't' what you wrote but the formatting.  It appeared to
> have no line wrapping, or some similar issue.

OK...it was Thunderbird. I kicks them in the ass!

>>> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-875903-start-0.html
>
>> You are right, i didnt read every release note. If i would do that, i
>> will get my money only for reading text files. Libata may be responsible
>> for the different device identifier, but i found no example to use the
>> drive uuids in mdadm-conf.
>
> Then you didn't read the information at the link I posted directly above.

You didnt understand me, because i was wrong. Thinking each raid device
has different uuid, but i see for every part of the raid the uuid is
identical.

>> Its annoying, that the cfcard is sometimes sda und sometimes sde. This
>> should be fixed!
>
> It is fixed.  Using drive UUIDs fixes it.

For mdadm, yes this should.

>> This is my mdadm.conf, using a UUID since a long time.
>> saturn:/home/domski# cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
>> DEVICE partitions
>> ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid5 num-devices=3 spares=1
>> UUID=4105560e:bf03b97e:ba419cbc:b7000e73
>> MAILADDR root
>
> If you were already using UUIDs then you need to take this up on the
> mdadm mailing list, not here, as the problem you actually have is not
> the one you originally described.

Yes, now i think this is the right decision. My first attempt was to fix
the sda/sde apperance for sd-card, so mdadm.conf should configured with
sd* devices.

Thanks,
Markus