Re: Defending yourself

John Hasler wrote:
Jeroen writes:
I am curious if discussing list policy is on topic.

See <http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ListMaster/>

I appreciate the suggestion and I took the time to read the various documents found. However I fear that my ideas about spam fighting and MTAs in general (and the philosophy behind it) and the list admins' ideas are too far apart in order for me to be of any practical use (but I am sure there are other things I could contribute to).

This is not a criticism by the way. Neither did I try critisise this list and I apologise if it looked that way. I just wondered if the list had been neglected in some way. I think that was valid considering the volume of spam.

I understand that the policy to allow non subscribers to email the list is the main reason spam ever reaches the list and I understand why this policy is valued so much.

Greetings,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/