Re: Defending yourself

On May 10, 2011 5:07 PM, "Ron Johnson" <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> On 05/10/2011 03:42 PM, Jeroen van Aart wrote:
>>
>> Ron Johnson wrote:
>>>
>>> Not forgotten, but a consequence of the policy decision to let Debian
>>> lists be open.
>>

>> I question the wisdom of that decision. There are ways to, on the one
>> hand not hinder openness much at all and on the other hand prevent spam
>> from getting through to the list.
>>
>> The impact of a single spam email reaching a mailing list has a bigger
>> impact than the same spam email sent to an individual.
>>

> You're getting *for free* stupendous amounts of bandwidth and the results of hundreds of thousands of man-hours of labor.
>
> So, you have 3 choices:
> 1) Buy Windows.
> 2) Use another distro.
> 3) Shut up and be grateful.

LOL. I would've tried to be a bit more graceful but the thought did cross my mind.

BTW, sense we're talking "mailing list policy" and NOT debian (or anything else linux related) the original email for this thread *AND* the (idiotic) reply to the original reply to the spam should have had a subject starting with 'OT' (or some such declaration of how fucked up this discussion was going to be).

Ok, I'm done being graceful now. Back to work.