Single mouse click registers as double click

> Hi.
>
> I had this problem on Lenny after some updates back in May 2008, the solution
> for me was as below.

I know, I read the thread about your problem several months ago :)

> (Quote from my previous post to the list in May 2008)
> A private e-mail sent to me from someone on either the Debian-User list, or
> the KDE list, has enabled me to resolve the mouse problem.
>
> All I had to do was edit a line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf relating to the mouse.
>
> Section  "InputDevice"          "Generic Mouse"
>
>                Option       "SendCoreEvents"      "true"
>
> I changed the above line from "true" to "false", as suggested, and now the
> mouse works as it always has done in the past.
>
> Having made the changes, a logout, followed by logging back in to KDE did not
> fix the problem. A reboot was necessary.
> (End quote)

I tried this out when I read your thread: unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

> If you don't have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf, create the file, and just add the two
> lines above, making sure that the second line is changed to false.

Anyway, just to be sure, I tried it out again, and it still don't work
for me (I did a backup of /etc before reinstall, so I used my old
xorg.conf file, which was the original one I've been using since I
installed Debian without any kind of problem... until this problem
appeared. I even still had the line that solved your problem in my
xorg.conf --though commented out, because it didn't work for me, as I
said--).

Thanks for your help.