Re: Single mouse click registers as double click

On Monday 09 May 2011 16:47, Ijon Tichy wrote:
> Hi again

> Thanks anyway for your replies.
>
> Cheers.

Hi.

I had this problem on Lenny after some updates back in May 2008, the solution
for me was as below.

(Quote from my previous post to the list in May 2008)
A private e-mail sent to me from someone on either the Debian-User list, or
the KDE list, has enabled me to resolve the mouse problem.

All I had to do was edit a line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf relating to the mouse.

Section  "InputDevice"          "Generic Mouse"

                Option       "SendCoreEvents"      "true"

I changed the above line from "true" to "false", as suggested, and now the
mouse works as it always has done in the past.

Having made the changes, a logout, followed by logging back in to KDE did not
fix the problem. A reboot was necessary.
(End quote)

If you don't have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf, create the file, and just add the two
lines above, making sure that the second line is changed to false.

Hoping it may resolve your problem.

Nigel.