Re: What happened to debian - does "stable" keep having any meaning?

Geronimo:
> Tom H wrote:
>
>> It looks like you've found a gem, especially given the external card
>> and this post by Colin Watson (#54):

I don't think that's related. The issue cannot be resolved by removing
the external card.

>> You can also verify this at a lower level by trying 'lspci' at a GRUB
>> prompt.  If it's the same problem, this will hang.
>
> Just tried to execute 'lspci' from GRUB prompt. Worked fine - no freeze.
> ... so may be it is another cause, but the same symptom ...

ACK, it's probably another issue. But you may still want to refer to
this bug number in your new report. See here for details about the
format if you don't use reportbug:

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

You can probably leave out all the details in this thread. The
interesting points probably are:

- Happens with grub-pc 1.98+20100804-14
- Looks almost like #594967
- Disabling vga mode makes the system bootable again
- lspci from grub's prompt succeeds

I would use at least "Severity: important".

J.
--
My memories gild my life with rare transcendance.
[Agree]   [Disagree]