Re: To gmail or not to gmail (was Re: Fwd: selecting old machines for firewall/router use)

> > I interpret the "if used correctly" bit to mean "using the GMail web
> > interface, not a 3rd party client such as Evolution or Mutt."  Am I
> > correct in this interpretation?
>
> No, I mean, AFAICT, IMAP was not designed for this paradigm (same
> message present in different folders/tags/views/whatever).

I've also come to that conclusion.  I think we're saying the same thing
just different words (maybe?).  It looks like to me this paradigm was
designed for use on Gmail's own interface and that's it.

> Mutt with the correct macros and folder-hooks can be bent into adapting
> to Gmail's style, mostly...

I'm still new to Mutt so I will have to look into this much further, not
to mention doing some manual reading.

> Unless I'm missing something it does *not* do what I want, but I worked
> around it with mutt macros (see my other post).

Heh...I noticed that too.  I'll take a look at your post.

--
Petrus Validus
Petrus.Validus@gmail.com

If there isn't a way, I make one.