Re: I want beep in urxvt terminal - SOLVED

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 23:04:34 -0600

> On 02/17/2011 09:58 AM, Brad Rogers wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:16:16 -0600
> > Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net>  wrote:
> >
> > Hello Ron,
> >
> >> Yes, I use nvidia, and no I won't use nouveau.
> >
> > Entirely your prerogative of course, but might I ask why?
> >

> Performance.

Just curious, what do you notice?  I don't notice
a difference, but I don't really do much that would
show up.

An advantage for me of the noveau driver, besides restoring the
beep in an xterm, was that the console font (in a virtual terminal)
is much nicer.  I had tried various configurations of the console
font with the nvidia driver, but it never looked good---too big and
kind of fuzzy. The console font with the nouveau driver is sharp,
reasonably small, and didn't require any configuration on my part.

I don't use the console much, but when I have to its nice to
be able to comfortably read it.

--
Joe Riel