Re: I want beep in urxvt terminal

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:33:45AM EST, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Chris Jones <cjns1989@gmail.com> writes:

[..]

> > Does it beep in other terminals under X.. xterm, gnome-terminal..?
>
> If I run the 'beep' command in any terminal emulator (xterm, urxvt,
> gnome-terminal, terminal.app)

that's not what I meant..

> I can hear beep, but if I try to hit Down key when in empty
> commandline at prompt, then I can't hear beep.

OK. And this happens whichever the terminal, not just rxvt..? IOW, if
you hit PgDown with the cursor in an XTerm at the prompt and nothing
else on the command-line you don't hear a beep, correct?

> > Shot in the dark: what does ‘xset q | grep bell’ ouput?

> $ xset q | grep bell
>   bell percent:  50  bell pitch:  400  bell duration:  100

That was a long shot..

Same defaults here anyway.. and yet the beeps are quite loud when I do
anything in XTerm/bash that I shouldn't have done.. :-(

cj