Re: I want beep in urxvt terminal - SOLVED

On 02/16/2011 02:08 PM, Csanyi Pal wrote:
Csanyi Pal<csanyipal@gmail.com>  writes:

Joe Riel<jriel@maplesoft.com>  writes:

I started a similar thread about two weeks ago.  Finally resolved it
by switching from the nvidia driver to the nouveau driver.  Why that
made a difference is beyond me, but it did.

I'm using nvidia driver now. So this can cause the problem!

Actually nvidia driver doesn't cause this problem but PULSEAUDIO.

I just purge the pulseaudio-utils package:
  $ sudo aptitude purge pulseaudio-utils

and beep come back!!

So now, when I hit Down key when in urxvt or other terminal emulator, at
prompt when the command line is empty, I can hear beep! :)

Sadly, I don't get the beep, even though pulseaudio-utils is not installed. (But libpulse-mainloop-glib0 and libpulse0 are.)

--
"The normal condition of mankind is tyranny and misery."
Milton Friedman