Re: I want beep in urxvt terminal

Chris Jones <cjns1989@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 02:55:05PM EST, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> on my Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze system
>> in the textual - command line environment - console I can hear beep
>> when hit on keyboard Down at the and of command history,
>>
>> but in the grapchical environment - X Window - in a rxvt (urxvt)
>> terminal I can't hear it. Why?
>>
>> I have installed alsa stuff, I can play music with Audacious..

> Does it beep in other terminals under X.. xterm, gnome-terminal..?

If I run the 'beep' command in any terminal emulator (xterm, urxvt,
gnome-terminal, terminal.app) I can hear beep, but if I try to hit Down
key when in empty commandline at prompt, then I can't hear beep.

> Shot in the dark: what does ‘xset q | grep bell’ ouput?
$ xset q | grep bell
  bell percent:  50  bell pitch:  400  bell duration:  100

--
Regards, Paul
<http://csanyi-pal.info>