Re: [OT] E-mail formatting

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 14:22, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:
> On 02/12/2011 03:38 PM, Kelly Clowers wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 05:16, Brad Rogers<brad@fineby.me.uk>  wrote:
>>>
>>> On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 12:51:02 +0000 (UTC)
>>> Camaleón<noelamac@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Camaleón,

>>> It won't help;  Google won't echo your mails back to you when you post
>>> to a mailing list.  They appear in the "All Mail" folder, but never in
>>> the inbox.  Google call it a feature.  Nigh on everyone else calls it a
>>> bug.  Google will not alter this behaviour.
>>>
>>> For that reason (amongst others) it is as well to remember that gmail !=
>>> email.
>>
>> Why would want a list email in your inbox anyway?
>> Folders and rules exist for a reason.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Kelly Clowers
>>

> Well, we've gone around and around with this before, but the obvious reason
> is so that you know the mail actually _made it_ to the list.

If i really want to know that badly, I'll go look it up on gmane or something.

>  I don't know why
> anyone would use GMail when you can use a more friendly one like
> Thunderbird.
> Or KMail, if you run a KDE system.

HA! Despite problems like lack Reply to List, rule creation being much
more annoying than it needs to be, etc, I long for a local app that is even
close to as nice as GMail. Maybe NotMuch, once it matures...

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers