Re: [OT] E-mail formatting

On 02/12/2011 03:38 PM, Kelly Clowers wrote:
On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 05:16, Brad Rogers<brad@fineby.me.uk>  wrote:
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 12:51:02 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón<noelamac@gmail.com>  wrote:

Hello Camaleón,

I would try it if I can but I am not receiving e-mails from this list
to my Gmail account. Does anyone know how to request to this mailing
list server a message?
It won't help;  Google won't echo your mails back to you when you post
to a mailing list.  They appear in the "All Mail" folder, but never in
the inbox.  Google call it a feature.  Nigh on everyone else calls it a
bug.  Google will not alter this behaviour.

For that reason (amongst others) it is as well to remember that gmail !=
email.
Why would want a list email in your inbox anyway?
Folders and rules exist for a reason.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

Well, we've gone around and around with this before, but the obvious reason
is so that you know the mail actually _made it_ to the list. I don't know why anyone would use GMail when you can use a more friendly one like Thunderbird.
Or KMail, if you run a KDE system.

--doug