[OT] E-mail formatting (was: Squeeze how to use networked printer?)

On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 13:15:25 -0800, David Christensen wrote:

> On 02/09/2011 11:39 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
>> when you find a FIX for something, I think "THEY" like to see the
>> subject line change to --
>  > Re: Squeeze how to use networked printer?-SOLVED
>
> It is my understanding that changing the subject line causes problems
> for the mail server, for some recipients, and/or for the various other
> systems that handle list traffic.  Therefore, I don't change the subject
> line.

No, not at all.

I am only aware of one problem that happens when users of Gmail's webmail
change the subject: the message reaches the list "unthreaded" (it's
another of Gmail's webmails flaws...). But adding the "Solved" tag in the
subject line will help people searching for the solution.

>> but I am glad you got it!! I love that web admin page, you can
>> start/stop printers, check on status...
>
> I hate it when I "upgrade" and discover that fundamental tools are gone,
> different, and/or broken.

Cups has been always the "easier-way-to-go", at least for setting up
Postscript printers.

> p.s.  On debian-user, please "Reply to All", rather than "Reply", so
> that your reply goes to the list.

And don't forget to remove the duplicated recipient (unless stated
otherwise, which AFAIK, is not be the default in this list).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón