Re: lenny to squeeze upgrade health check....

>> I think with the next upgrade I am about to do I will back up the work

I started to do the back up with nautilus as a user and then as well
as backing up my work files I included the recommended /etc and
var/lib directories that the upgrade procedure advises......

But the burner reader couldn't read certain files in /etc I think
because they are root files and I am only a user......   I tried
logging in as root in the gdm but it doesn't let you do that......
Maybe it would work if I fired up gnomebaker from a root terminal and
then did the back up.

Nautilus conked after a while so I switched to using Gnomebaker.   I
will try to copy what I can and then do the upgrade.

Michael Fothergill