Re: Help with my Squeeze upgrade! (missing fonts)

Chris Jones <cjns1989@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah.. You have ‘emacs’ linked to some GUI (xemacs?) incarnation, right?

No! Just GNU Emacs 23. Emacs has had support for using all X fonts, including truetype fonts, for a while now. (Do a google on "pretty emacs" to see some screenshots.)

> I don't know about the above syntax, but after installing the ‘context’
> package, I definitely have the ‘latin modern typewriter‘ and the ‘latin
> modern typewriter variable width’ fonts in the Options-> Fonts submenu..
>
> That's in lenny.. Do you have these in squeeze?

I don't have an "Options -> Fonts" in Emacs. Or is this in another app?

I can browse all the system fonts with fontmatrix or list them out with xlsfonts and the LMTypewriter10 font (along with several others) is not listed at all.