Re: xserver-testing issues.

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 15:32:20 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:
>
>> - What is the setup you want? Dual screen in clone mode or xinerama
>> mode? Only one screen enabled and the other disabled (off)?
>
> One (bigger) is enabled, lesser - disabled. I turn off the lesser head
> of the v-card w/ xrandr.
>
> May, I can set only screen resolution - in Xorg.conf? - But it needs
> other things to specify too. - To make the final layout.

By reviweing the log you uploaded, it seems that both screens are getting
the same resolution (1280x800):

***
(II) RADEON(0): Output VGA-0 using initial mode 1280x800
(II) RADEON(0): Output LVDS using initial mode 1280x800
***

I suppose you want to change the VGA-0 one, but what size do you want to
get, 1600x900? The easiest way to select another resolution is by using
the GNOME applet tool ("start/system/preferences/display resolution").

> Also, after my experiment w/ the conf. file and removing it again, -
> weird to say, but the 3D-acceleration speed again fell down - as it was
> w/ the conf. file... :(
>
> Have no ideas - where it has stored else its settings, do You have an
> idea for that particular stuff?

Humm... nope, sorry ;-(

As long as there is no "xorg.file" to be read by xorg I dunno how (and
from where) can still be getting the old settings.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón