Re: xserver-testing issues.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

> > I use only several packages from testing - some of: xserver, alsa,
> > kernel - all in attempt to solve my sound/keyboard/3D -problems.
>
> The mix of those packages (mostly "kernel" and "xserver" packages)
> can be also the cause of unexpected problems.

OK they all are now from testing.

> As you are using the same kernel and xorg packages than squeeze, you
> now have to play the same way squeeze does (or at least that seems to
> be the most logical approach). Squeeze does not need to use a
> "/etc/X11/ xorg.conf" file at all, neither for managing the keyboard
> settings nor for display: nowadays all this stuff has to be
> automatically configured and setup by Xorg.

Oh! It is awesome! - I have removed the conf file and now not only my
keyboard works perfectly, but 3D acceleration has become much more
faster! - So, it was a very good idea to use not my X conf. But! - as I
have two monitors - it suggests the lower resolution - that is latter
is not used at all (I prefer a bigger one. :) What to do here?

Oh! 2 of 3 problems have solved!

> > Changing to
> >
> > pcm.!default:SB
> >
> > or
> >
> > pcm.!default:Intel
> >
> > gave me:
> > /
> > ALSA lib conf.c:1661:(snd_config_load1) _toplevel_:12:14:Unexpected
> > char ALSA lib
> > conf.c:3441:(snd_config_hook_load) /home/rock/.asoundrc may be old
> > or corrupted: consider to remove or fix it ALSA lib
> > conf.c:3302:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load
> > returned error: Invalid argument ALSA lib
> > conf.c:3687:(snd_config_update_r) hooks failed, removing
> > configuration cannot open mixer: Invalid argument

> Then remove that file and let's try another thing. What gives you
> "cat / proc/asound/modules"?

 0 snd_pcsp
 1 snd_hda_intel