Re: xserver-testing issues.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

> Keyboard in testing is now configured in "/etc/default/keyboard" file.

OK. What should I put in there? - There is exactly what my xorg.conf
keyboard settings are. - Before it did work, not - not. - I have no
idea what to add more there.

> You can use the tweak of "~/.asoundrc" to select the preferred sound
> card:
>
> http://alsa.opensrc.org/.asoundrc#Default_PCM_device

I have already tried that and a player said that I have no pcm file
for the device number in /dev/snd, and indeed, I have:

by-path  controlC0  controlC1  hwC1D0  hwC1D1  pcmC0D0p  pcmC1D0c
pcmC1D0p  timer

- AFAIK, for the second device (that has number 1), there should be
  pcmC1D1p.

though alsa util did show that I had two device - but it was before I
have run its configurator - now it shows I have only one card - that is
PC-speaker. :)

yet w/ lspci I see the card:

00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)

and w/

lsmod |grep snd

I believe I have the appropriate modules being loaded at boot:

snd_hda_intel          19955  0
snd_hda_codec          54244  1 snd_hda_intel
snd_pcsp                6579  1
snd_hwdep               5380  1 snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm_oss            32591  0
snd_mixer_oss          12606  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm                60503  4
snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcsp,snd_pcm_oss snd_timer
15534  1 snd_pcm snd                    46414  10
snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcsp,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore               4598  1 snd snd_page_alloc          6169  2
snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm

Farther, I do not know what to do. - May I have to file up a bug report
against it? - But against what? - I know that testing is not the same
as stable, but may others can meet the same problem upgrading froim
lenny to squeeze.

> > 3. I had distorted in most 3D-games, but working in few of them and
> > anther 3d-apps - 3D support, now it is gone. Relevent string in
> > Xorg log I see is this:
>
> First, I would try with no "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" file and let xorg to
> set the card automatically.

I've tried - same result beside some other things - but no 3D
acceleration.

> Do ATI cards need a firmaware to load 3D extensions? Are you using a
> stock kernel or a custom or backports one?

I have free and non-free firmwares - both set to be upgraded w/ testing
repo - but I guess only was actually upgraded.

I use the latest backported kernel.

Thanks for Your help, once again.