Re: auto-mounting disks that might not be present (e.g. usb drives)

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 23:04:26 +1030, Arthur Marsh wrote:

> Camaleón wrote, on 03/02/10 21:52:

>> You should not list your devices in fstab if you want to make use of
>> your DE hotplug capabilities.
>>
> As I just posted in another message in this thread, I'd like the USB
> flash drive to be automatically mounted after fsck if the drive is
> present at boot-up and automatically mounted without fsck if plugged in
> after the machine is booted.

As said, if you list the USB device in fstab, the system will try to
mount it on every boot, whether is plugged or not.

> I would also like the machine to boot fully if it is started without the
> USB flash drive present.

That should not happen at all (if the disk is not present it should log a
warn, but the system should keep loading). It can be a bug.

> Any takers for suggestions?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón