Re: Dovecot- WAS Re: Movemail not getting emails

On 11/08/2010 03:59 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
I tried apt-cache sieve * apt-cache dovecot, but I don't see a package..
> is this a ./configure source app??
You apparently don't enjoy reading .conf files. :)  Sieve is a Dovecot
plugin that you enable in dovecot.conf.  It's not a package. :)
well, I went HERE:
http://wiki1.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve
and it references downloading "the package" here:
http://wiki1.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot

Getting the sources

You can get the Dovecot Sieve plugin at this web page.
http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.2/

so.. I guess I was misled:)

You need to read your /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf, in fact print it and
sit down with it for a few nights to familiarize yourself with it.  Any
time you need clarification, visit the Dovecot wiki.  The files should
already be on your system.  Look for

/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda/lib90_sieve_plugin.la
/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda/lib90_sieve_plugin.so

thanks, I love wikis:)

> I see you subscribe to dovecot, do you also use the dovecot-antispam
> package?
It's not a package.  It's another plugin. ;)

Fighting spam is properly done with your MTA, Postfix in your case, and
mine.  It's better to reject spam during the delivery attempt than to
eat it and then analyze it and delete it with a content filter such as
SpamAssassin.  So, no, I don't use Dovecot anti-spam to train a content
filter.  I don't use a content filter. I use this for killing spam and
whitelisting:

header_checks = pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks,
regexp:/etc/postfix/phish419.regexp, tcp:[127.0.0.1]:2526

I'll look into THAT later... sieve first!
I don't think I have a /etc/postfix/phish419.regexp...
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800