Re: [solved] Re: "Chicken-egg" printer problem

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:59:36 +0200, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Rodolfo Medina writes:
>
>> However, I have now another problem: after cleaning the heads, the
>> print quality remains bad.  They told me it may depend on the heads
>> dried or maybe broken.  In any case, they told that the printer needs
>> being taken to an assistence centre.
>>
>> Any suggestion about that?

No, sorry ;-(

It's years since I've not played with inkjet printers (my last one was an
Epson Stylus Photo 1290).

> It seems that I need a new printer: where can I find a list of all the
> printers that are known to be compatible with Debian Lenny?

If you can buy it, I'd suggest a laser printer that plays fine with linux
(HP have some nice and quite affordable models).

Another option (and for casual/non intensive usage), would be those
called all-in-one devices, where, again, HP has some good and linux
compatible models.

As for the compatibilty list, just select one model you like and then
perform the search. For example, HP linux compatible (and all-in-one)
printers can be looked up here:

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/supported_devices/index.html

Greetings,

--