[solved] Re: "Chicken-egg" printer problem

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> So, in brief:
>
> 1/ There is still a small quantity of ink in cartridges
> 2/ But the printer does not print because its cleaning heads are
> obturated or dirty.
> 3/ You cannot perform a maintenance task because there is not enough ink
> 4/ The printer does not respond to a cartridge replacement even once you
> have pressed the required buttons
> 5/ Therefore, you are completely stuck
>
> In this situation, I would just contact Epson and tell about this. They
> know the printer and could suggest you the right steps.
>
> I (for my self) just would try to manually ("force") the cartridges to
> put into the "replace" position but doing this can break the printer, so
> dunno... if you cannot afford another printer, be careful or ask Epson
> first :-/

I spoke with a customer care telephone number and they suggested the solution:
keeping the maintenance button (the right one) pressed for a long time (say 5
seconds), we force the substitution: the heads move to the replacement position
and the cartridge can be replaced before they're completely empty.  The
chicken-egg problem is so overcome.

However, I have now another problem: after cleaning the heads, the print
quality remains bad.  They told me it may depend on the heads dried or maybe
broken.  In any case, they told that the printer needs being taken to an
assistence centre.

Any suggestion about that?

Thanks for anyone's help!

Rodolfo