Re: "Chicken-egg" printer problem

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:23:24 +0200, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

(...)

>> Then try with these steps:
>>
>> http://support.epson-europe.com/onlineguides/en/sc20/ref_g/ink_1.htm
>

> Those steps require the cartridges to be completely empty, otherwise the
> heads won't reach the replacement position:
>
>       "Do not move the print head by hand, as this may damage the
>        printer. Always press the  maintenance button to move it."

So, in brief:

1/ There is still a small quantity of ink in cartridges
2/ But the printer does not print because its cleaning heads are
obturated or dirty.
3/ You cannot perform a maintenance task because there is not enough ink
4/ The printer does not respond to a cartridge replacement even once you
have pressed the required buttons
5/ Therefore, you are completely stuck

In this situation, I would just contact Epson and tell about this. They
know the printer and could suggest you the right steps.

I (for my self) just would try to manually ("force") the cartridges to
put into the "replace" position but doing this can break the printer, so
dunno... if you cannot afford another printer, be careful or ask Epson
first :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón