Re: ps - Illegal Instruction

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 11:03:28 -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

> On 9/20/2010 9:54 AM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> A quick view of Wikipedia virtual machines comparison chart states so:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_platform_virtual_machines
>>
>> - Third, because by you'll get further (and better) support, at least
>> from anyone here... being this a Debian user list, is not very probable
>> that some of us were running a VM that cannot be installed in Debian by
>> any means (well, maybe could be installed from Wine :-P).
>>

> I appreciate the comments, but people just don't understand.

Maybe because you were providing fuzzy information ;-)

You said (regarding Virtual PC):

***
"(...) unless you can tell me WHY it doesn't work, it's not open
for discussion."
***

So changing VM is or isn't open for discussion? You cannot change it even
if does not work? :-? If there is no chance for changing, that's right,
but you had to have said that before.

> Another virtual machine is NOT an option here.  I either get it to work
> under Virtual PC or have to toss Debian all together.  There are no
> other choices.  The decision is totally out of my hands.

Then start the installation from scratch. Or try first to load into the
VM a Debian LiveCD, and see what happens.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón