Re: ps - Illegal Instruction

On 9/19/2010 11:27 PM, Mark Allums wrote:
On 9/19/2010 10:11 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

As I said - unless you can tell me WHY it doesn't work, it's not open
for discussion. The fact you tried it with one distro and don't like
Microsoft are NOT valid reasons.

I did not say I don't like Microsoft.

I tried it with seven distros. Granted, not today's distros. Well, Lenny
and six others.

If you don't want to use a non-MS product, fine. I think you are doomed
to frustration.

If you want a Microsoft product, install Server 2008 R2 and enable the
Hyper-V role. Hyper-V will run Linux and UNIX(tm).

Sorry, Mark, the comment about not liking Microsoft was not necessarily aimed at you, but others on the list.

Installing Server 2008 is not an option, either. I need to make this work or have concrete reasons as to why it doesn't work. Guesses, opinions, etc. won't make it.

Jerry