Re: ps - Illegal Instruction

On 9/19/2010 8:41 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

And as to the suggestions from other users to try another VM - that's
not open for discussion unless you can tell my why the one that comes
with Windows 7 doesn't work.

It doesn't work because it doesn't work.

Microsoft doesn't care if any OS besides a Microsoft-produced one works. That's what Virtual PC is for, to run MS OSes.

I have tried it. It is unstable with the distributions of Linux I tried. Debian 4,5, Ubuntu 5,6,8, Mandriva, SuSE. SuSE worked best. Virtual PC 2004 and 2007 worked better than Windows 7.

Good luck.