Iceape/Seamonkey and Iceweasel/Firefox - was Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, Scott Ferguson wrote:

I understood that some of the functionality
(subroutines/modules/whatever) did not comply with the Debian
philosophy, and so were removed, to make the resultant applications
compliant with the Debian philosophy.
Mozilla Corp. (as opposed to Mozilla Foundation) took offence at:-

   * Debian backporting security fixes to older versions of
     Firefox/Iceweasel
   * *at Debian allowing users to change search engines and make other
     modifications*

, and insisted the use of the Firefox name is permitted only if
accompanied by its logo, icons, and other artwork (which is in breach of
the Debian Free Software Guidlines).

Long story short, icons, artwork, logo, and icons changed in the Debian
version (Icecat is another story).
So - reduced funtionality in Iceweasel - emphatically no. In fact
Iceweasel has more functionality than Firefox.
Feel free to look it up for yourself - the references are on this page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceweasel

Cheers

Please note: in an effort to trim the message to which I am responding, I cut most of it out, apart from the stuff above, and the stuff above "Mozilla Corp", above, was posted by me, and from there down, was posted by Scott (to avoid confusion about misquoting).

What about the differences between iceape and Seamonkey?

Do they have the same funtionality?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale