Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?

On 09/08/2010 06:04 PM, Celejar wrote:
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:25:44 -0400
Gilbert Sullivan<whirlygig@comcast.net>  wrote:

youtube.com watching dumb stuff I don't need to be watching. I used to
just use youtube-dl, and that tended to make me more choosy about what I
would bother with.

+1 for youtube-dl.  I just grab whatever I want, and watch it later
with a proper player.

Celejar

I'm tending -- these days -- to just sample a video in the browser to be sure that it might actually be something I want to watch, and then use youtube-dl to get the ones that look promising. But -- with all of the heavy CPU use and high temperatures I see with the gnash plugin in Iceweasel -- I'm about to revert to using youtube-dl alone.

In that case I might almost be as well off using links2. Dang, that's a nice piece of software!

Regards,
Gilbert