Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?

On 2010-09-08 21:06 +0200, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:

> I'll be looking at the the version 6 chromium-browser when it shows up
> in testing. (The version 5 browser was removed today.)

Could be a long time until this happens.  Meanwhile, there is no real
reason why you couldn't try the sid version.

> I'm especially
> interested in seeing what they're doing for flash support. I
> understand that it's to be integrated into the browser. (Well, the
> Google version, anyway.) I wonder how that's going to work.

Not at all in Chromium on Linux, I think.

> I use Iceweasel and have just got used to it. It's really not a bad
> browser for me. I use the gnash plugin, noscript and adblock from the
> Debian repositories, and the browser is all right -- until I play too
> many movies or enable Java temporarily for an online crossword
> puzzle. At that point the laptop's CPU temp reading jumps about 20
> C. Sometimes I have to kill the browser and related processes.

Well, at least you don't need to worry about the gnash plugin eating too
many resources in Chromium, since it just crashes right away. :-(

Sven