Re: audio not working on amd64

On 15/07/10 04:17 PM, Rob Owens wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 01:53:27PM -0400, H.S. wrote:
>>
>> All I need to look for now is to see if this Ekiga and audio stuff is
>> stable.
>>
> I've been using pulseaudio for several years now on Lenny.  I need it
> for sound in LTSP.
>
> Anyway, there's a package called pulseaudio-esound-compat that you might

The package is already installed (I didn't install it specifically).

> want to install.  It allows an with no native pulseaudio support to
> interface w/ the pulseaudio system.
>
> By the way, I use Ekiga and it works.  Although I'm not 100% sure if
> other apps can use the audio system at the same time as Ekiga (never
> tried it).

Yeah, since my last report of Ekiga working, there has been no problems.
It appears to be stable and had survived reboots and changing of audio
devices gracefully.

So it appears that it was just a question of something having gone wrong
during my testing with USB headset, and the primary cause appears to be
the wrong settings of my clock. Since I fixed the system clock, there
have been no problems in audio at all (no clicks in the speakers, no
errors from pulseaudio in syslog, Ekiga working).

At present if my board's audio is being used by another application
(playing a video, e.g.), Ekiga cannot use it and displays the warning.
But Ekiga works if it uses a different device, so while playing a video
on my system (system's audio being used), Ekiga works properly with my
USB headset. I think this "problem" will be solved if Ekiga is made to
use pulseaudio ... still looking into this.

ever having been read.