thinking of installing amd64 Debian: what is its current state?

I am thinking of reinstalling my Debian system with Testing for amd64
architecture. Currently I have 32 bit Debian installed on my AMD 64 bit
AM3 socket motherboard.

I understand that I just have to reinstall my system with the correct
architecture install media. My /home is on a separate partition so I
supposed I do not need to touch it. Correct?

What packages would cause me trouble in 64 bit Debian? I do not use
acroread and flash player can work with ndiswrapper. Other than these
two, are there any other packages that won't run on this arch
installation? Is there a wiki which keep track of these things regarding
the 64 bit version?

Thanks.

ever having been read.