Re: audio not working on amd64

On 14/07/10 12:13 PM, H.S. wrote:

> So, was it just the clock?
>
> Meanwhile, Ekiga doesn't see any sound devices now. In its Audio section
> of Preferences, sound devices are all grayed out and it doesn't detect
> any when I click on "detect".

Looks like Ekiga is working fine too now. I just replugged in the USB
head set, restarted Ekiga and first selected my internal analog audio
devices and did an echo test. It worked. Then I selected the USB headset
in the audio devices (the choices were not grayed out now, replugging it
probably fixed it) and it worked as well.

Ekiga, however, is not listing pulseaudio as an option in the devices
list and appears to be using Alsa. I suppose that is why Ekiga does not
appear in the list of applications using sound system in Pulseaudio's
Playback list of devices (in Volume Control, pavucontrol). I am yet to
search google if there is a 'fix' for this though it is not a big
problem (one of the advantage of Pulseaudio is that one can change the
devices on the fly, which may not be necessary with Ekiga).

All I need to look for now is to see if this Ekiga and audio stuff is
stable.

ever having been read.