Re: Conclusion: FAT mount, UTC and localtime

On 15/07/10 03:12 PM, John Hasler wrote:
> H.S. writes:
>> So, er, I am still not sure how to understand this:
>> "To change the computer to use UTC after installation, edit the file
>> /etc/default/rcS, change the variable UTC to no. If you happened to
>> install your system to use local time, just change the variable to yes
>> to start using UTC." ---
>> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/system-administrator/ch-sysadmin-time.html
>
> It's an error.  man rcS

I see. From the man page:
"UTC    ....  If this option is set to no then the system clock is
assumed to be set to local time.  If the option is set to yes then the
system clock is  assumed to be set to something approximating
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).  (POSIX systems keep a variant of UTC,
without leap seconds.)"

Thanks for pointing that out.
Regards.

ever having been read.