Re: Photo time are wrong

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 04:24:09PM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use to get correct file time for my photos from my digital camera. But
> recently they are all wrong now, shifting by about 3 hours.
>
> The camera is the same. Something get changed on Debian side? How can I
> fix it? (photos are from mounted SD card via SD card reader).

You could be getting bit by Bug #577597 - "system with UTC=yes in
/etc/default/rcS mounts FAT USB disk with wrong file time". The bug
report contains the following work-around, as root run these commands:

hwclock --systohc --utc
hwclock --hctosys --utc

My rockboxed ipod shows files with timestamps off by the time
difference between localtime and UTC, as if the tz=UTC option was
selected in mount, and when I apply the work-around in the bug report
things are straightened out.

HTH
dt
--
Dave Thayer           | Whenever you read a good book, it's like the
Denver, Colorado USA  | author is right there, in the room talking to